Jobs with Fastrac
Explore our Current Job Opportunities
Commercial General Contractor is looking for an experienced construction estimator. Responsibilities will include collecting and analyzing material, labor and equipment costs and preparing estimates for new construction projects. The Estimator must have a positive and productive relationship with customers, subcontractors, and construction project team. Assist with all pre-construction activities and obtain all required information to properly develop scopes of work, budgets, and project proposals. Estimator will also be responsible for finding new suppliers and subcontractors who are qualified to keep the company as competitive as possible.
- Must have 10 years of commercial construction background and ability to read and understand all plans.
- 3 years estimating experience is required
- College degree preferred but not required
Key Performance Objectives:
- · Coordinates with subcontractors and vendors to ensure the customer’s needs and budget requirements are met.
- Create competitive, detailed and accurate estimates to allow the organization to win profitable work
- Communicate clearly job-specific information to construction team to enable effective planning and successful execution of projects.
- · Maintain and stay up to date on latest methodologies and materials to maintain a competitive edge.
- · Obtain (3) bidders in all major divisions.
- · Provide detailed updates to stakeholders/managers for each project.
- Clear communication of customers’ scope of work on all proposals/estimates.
- Create detailed estimates using proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products and use of Procore.
- Facilitate site visits with owners, subcontractors, and architects as required.
- Field measure and verification of existing conditions
- Resolve any issues prior to bidding
- Clear understanding of all divisions of construction and ability to read and understand all plans
- 5 years experience as a Commercial Superintendent
- Read and interpret construction plans and specifications
- Computer Skills
- Professional Communication verbally and through email
- Must have and maintain a satisfactory DMV record.
- Employee agrees to submit a copy of driving record upon employment.
- Maintain a construction project schedule.
- Ability to communicate with and report to Project Manager
- Complete daily reports, expense reports, and timesheets to be turned in weekly
- Complete accident reports and records.
- Provide photo documentation of project progress
- Inspect work performed by subcontractors
- Supervise and schedule subcontractors and laborer(s)
- Continual monitoring of safety, accident prevention
- Ability to enforce Company policies, procedures and performance standards
- Ability to complete jobs on time and within budget
- Must be able to manage and supervise multiple trades
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with owners, engineers, architects and staff.
- May require some travel in Virginia only.